Note: This article contains affiliate links, and I make a commission if you choose to purchase directly with my link. Affiliate links are denoted with an asterisk.
Growing up, I have great memories of making the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches with my dad. We would disassemble the sandwich and take care to toast the little muffin, reheat the egg, sausage, and cheese in the microwave, and reassemble everything so that it tasted hot and fresh. Obviously after my diagnosis, this was not possible. I have never found a pre-made equivalent for those with food allergies (this recipe doesn't contain any top 8 allergens except soy), so I've worked on creating my own! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because I forget to take them before chowing down!
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich
2 slices of Schar Artisan Baker White Bread*
1 Folded JUST EGG (Currently only available at Whole Foods)
1 slice of Daiya Cheddar Cheese*
1 Applegate Naturals Chicken & Apple Breakfast Sausage Patty
JUST Chipotle Mayo, to taste
1. Gather all the ingredients
2. Toast the bread (I like to use the 3/4 setting on my toaster to get some crispiness)
3. Remove the JUST egg from its packaging and microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 1.5 minutes. (This isn't the recommended cooking method, but it works well for this because you can microwave the sausage simultaneously)
4. Microwave the sausage for 1.5 minutes
5. Assemble the sandwich using the toast, egg, sausage, cheese, and then mayo.
Please share your pictures of success using this recipe below and enjoy!