Updated: Jun 27
Note: This article contains affiliate links, and I make a commission if you choose to purchase directly with my link. Affiliate links are denoted with an asterisk.
This recipe is very simple and easy for you to make! I came up with it in college after purchasing a crock pot, and it is a straightforward meal that helps you eat vegetables and protein! It is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and fish free. You could make it for a family or as a meal prep for the week!
Crock Pot Beef Stew
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 hours
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 chuck roast (3-4 lbs)
1 lb carrots, cut into 1" pieces
1 1/2 potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp barbecue sauce (I like Rufus Teague*)
2 tsp gluten free soy sauce (I like Tamari)
1. Chop up the carrots and potatoes and place half of them at the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables.
3. Place remaining vegetables on top of and around the chuck roast.
4. Pour all sauces and seasonings on top of the roast.
5. Add water and stir lightly.
6. Cover with lid and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
7. Shred meat slightly with two forks and serve hot.
Please share your pictures of success using this recipe below and enjoy!