Note: This article contains affiliate links, and I make a commission if you choose to purchase directly with my link. Affiliate links are denoted with an asterisk.
To celebrate father's day, my family baked homemade pizzas. This recipe was experimental, but turned out delicious! It's top 8 allergen free, making it extremely accessible for everyone!
Fig, Chorizo, and Arugula Pizza
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 1/2 cups Namaste Foods Pizza Crust Mix*
1 tsp oil
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 - 1 can fig butter (we used Trader Joe's brand)
1/3 - 1/2 bag of Daiya Cutting Board Shredded Mozzarella Cheese*
1 bag of arugula, sprinkled as desired
1 lime, drizzled to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large pizza pan with non-stick spray.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups pizza crust mix with 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 1/4 cups water. Beat with electric mixer for 3 minutes. Batter will be consistency of cake batter.
3. Scrape batter onto pizza pan and spread with spatula. Spread batter at least 14" and no more that 1/4" thick.
4. Place crust in the oven on the lowest oven rack.
5. While the crust is baking, cut up the chorizo.
6. After crust has baked for approximately 20 minutes, pull crust out. Spread fig butter on crust as sauce, and add cheese and chorizo (no additional seasonings required). For crispier crust, flip over the crust before adding sauce and toppings.
7. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove the pizza from the oven and add the arugula and lime to taste.
Please share your pictures of success using this recipe below and enjoy!